This course will soon be available in the following cities: New York, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando & Dallas. Check back soon for more details.
This class focuses staff on how to design and execute an internal audit that maximizes results while minimizing resources. If you are being asked to do more with less, this class is a must for your department. Risk identification and suit scoping during the planning phase are essential for overall audit success. Attendees will learn the need to understand a business process, systematically evaluate risk, and develop an audit approach that focuses on critical systems, controls & operations. The course expires was to make fieldwork more effective discussing things such as: the importance of building rapport with audits, teaching audits about controls, using data mining and analysis & automated work papers, selecting the most efficient and effective audit tests, audit team dynamics and more. Last but not least, attendees will learn how to effectively communicate with stakeholders throughout the audit, from planning to follow-up. Internal audit is continually being asked to do more with less. Provide your staff with the training they need to get the job done right while staying within budget.
- Understand the internal audit process focusing on the importance of the planning phase and its components (including defining scope and assessing risk)
- Apply soft skills that help achieve superior audit results
- Understand how educating auditees about the importance of risk, internal controls, and fraud prevention can pay dividends
- Apply a building block approach to build a superior audit program that addresses risk, fraud, internal controls, and the all important people element
- Develop techniques to improve the flow of fieldwork and audit team dynamics
- Build and deploy data analytic and continuous monitoring tools as part of the audit and train auditees how to use them
- Enrich communications and avoid pitfalls that can negatively impact relationships and credibility
Admissions & Delivery
- Prerequisites: Internal audit experience is helpful as is an understanding of business processes, audit techniques and professional standards
- Who should attend: This course will have the biggest impact with internal auditors who have some experience. It can work with a mixed audience when there ia a close relationship between experienced and new personnel
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: Intermediate
- Delivery Method: Group Live
This program can be modified to meet the needs of attendees. The course length can range from a simple one hour overview to the full two day course. To fully accomplish all objectives at a level where attendees can effectively execute all elements of the training the two day course is recommended.
Attendance at the two day course will entitle participants to 18.0 CPE credits.
Fields of Study (18 credits)
- Auditing – Technical (13 hours)
- Management Services – Technical (4 hours)
- Communications – Non-Technical (1 hour)
Policies & CPE Notice
Many of our training courses & simulations offer Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for CPA’s and other related certifications, subject to participants meeting certain criteria. Fraud.global LLC maintains various policies applicable to providing continuing professional education. Please click here to access our refund policy, complaint resolution policy and others.
Fraud.global LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. (Application Pending)
If you intend to use the continuing education credits for governmental entities, membership associations, or other professional organizations, please consult them before registering to ensure their acceptance. If a course is registered with a State Bar Association for continuing legal education (CLE) a special notice will be included in the course advertisement