This course will soon be available in the following cities: New York, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando & Dallas. Check back soon for more details.
Internal auditors need more than technical knowledge to be successful. Soft skills play a vital role in the success of most internal audits. Sometimes internal auditors so not embrace the little things that can make our profession more of an art rather than a science. The class explores the humanistic side of our professional after all, people are behind everything we audit! Success in the internal audit profession goes well beyond what is written in textbooks or taught at the typical flavor to the year educational seminars (expect ours). Practitioners who understand the balance between the audit approach and soft skills set forth in this class will be more successful at identifying critical business risks and helping mitigate them before they become even bigger problems.
- Explain psychological and social constructs present within a company and how they impact the audit approach
- Identify auditee mannerisms that can guide an auditor to the truth about risk
- Design more efficient and effective audits
- Seeing the big picture (industry, company, processes, people)
- Risk ranking
- Throw away the checklists!
- Manage the expectations gap
- Communicate and re-communciate your scope
- Know your limits
- Be realistic
- Recognize audit procedures that work – Remember to change things up
- Apply negotiation skills that help accomplish all of your objectives
- Speak and write more effectively
Admissions & Delivery
- Prerequisites: None however basic to intermediate understanding of internal auditing is helpful
- Who should attend: This course is designed for internal auditors, fraud investigators, SOX control professional and related roles
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Delivery Method: Group Live
This program can be modified to meet the needs of attendees. The course length is two hours or 4 CPE Credits.
Fields of Study (4 credits)
- Management Services – Technical (2 hours)
- Communications – Non-Technical (2 hours)
Policies & CPE Notice
Many of our training courses & simulations offer Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for CPA’s and other related certifications, subject to participants meeting certain criteria. Fraud.global LLC maintains various policies applicable to providing continuing professional education. Please click hereto access our refund policy, complaint resolution policy and others.
Fraud.global LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. (Application Pending)
If you intend to use the continuing education credits for governmental entities, membership associations, or other professional organizations, please consult them before registering to ensure their acceptance. If a course is registered with a State Bar Association for continuing legal education (CLE) a special notice will be included in the course advertisement