Fraud Risk Management
This course will soon be available in the following cities: New York, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando & Dallas. Check back soon for more details.
Learn how to mitigate the risk of fraud in your organization. This course provides a thorough in-depth program that participants can use to identify and reduce fraud risk within their organization. The program is applicable to closely held companies, public companies, not-for-profits, and governmental entities. Participants will leave the course with a process that they can use immediately upon returning to their workplace to identify, evaluate, rank and report on fraud exposure ultimately reducing the likelihood and duration of fraud. This course goes beyond internal controls to help attendees understand other factors that must be considered when evaluating the risk of fraud. Attendees will also learn how to conduct fraud risk assessment meetings and how to implement a fraud response plan.
- Identify who is responsible for fraud
- Assess current policies to determine if they adequately address fraud
- Identify and evaluate existing fraud risk management activities (anti-fraud programs & controls)
- Describe the elements of fraud
- Identify fraud schemes, symptoms and common control gaps
- Apply a comprehensive fraud risk assessment methodology that will enhance an organization’s understanding of where fraud may occur and how to prevent and/or detect it
- Identify additional indicators of fraud going beyond typical internal controls. This includes some factors in Fraud.global’s FraudSeeker tool
- Create a reporting mechanism so management and the board understand the level of fraud risk
- Develop a fraud response plan
Admissions & Delivery
- Prerequisites: None, however, a basic understanding of fraud, internal controls and business processes is helpful
- Who should attend: This course is designed for risk department personnel, internal auditors, fraud investigators, CPA’s, SOX control professional and related roles
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Delivery Method: Group Live
This program can be modified to meet the needs of attendees. The course length can range from a simple one hour overview to the full two day course. To fully accomplish all objectives at a level where attendees can effectively execute all elements of the training the two day course is recommended.
Attendance at the two day course will entitle participants to 18.0 CPE credits.
Fields of Study (18 credits)
- Management Services – Technical (12 hours)
- Auditing – Technical (4 hours)
- Communications – Non-Technical (2 hour)
Policies & CPE Notice
Many of our training courses & simulations offer Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for CPA’s and other related certifications, subject to participants meeting certain criteria. Fraud.global LLC maintains various policies applicable to providing continuing professional education. Please click here to access our refund policy, complaint resolution policy and others.
Fraud.global LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. (Application Pending)
If you intend to use the continuing education credits for governmental entities, membership associations, or other professional organizations, please consult them before registering to ensure their acceptance. If a course is registered with a State Bar Association for continuing legal education (CLE) a special notice will be included in the course advertisement.