Fraud Prevention & Detection for Small & Mid-Sized Organizations
This course will soon be available in the following cities: New York, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando & Dallas. Check back soon for more details.
This course educates business owners, managers, employees, internal auditors, and anti-fraud practitioners about the importance of fraud prevention in small to mid-sized organizations. Attendees will learn that fraud prevention does not need to be elaborate and costly. They will also learn common fraud schemes, symptoms and prevention techniques. The course also explores the expectations gap between CPA firms and businesses. If you don’t think you have to worry about fraud because you accountant will find it, you are mistaken. Attendees will also learn what to do if they suspect fraud.
- Explain the prevalence of fraud and its impact of small to mid-sized organizations
- Identify who may perpetrate fraud and why
- Recognize common types of fraud schemes and symptoms
- Design internal controls for organizations of any size
- Define critical controls in key business processes that will help deter and / or identify fraud
- Explain the limitations of an audit, review or compilation performed by your accounting firm
- Identify data vulnerabilities and possible control solutions
- Develop a fraud response plan
Admissions & Delivery
- Prerequisites: None however a basic understanding of business processes is helpful
- Who should attend: This course is designed for all business people including but not limited to business owners, management, employees, human resources, accounting & finance, operations, procurement, internal auditors, fraud investigators, SOX control professionals and related roles
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Delivery Method: Group Live
This program can be modified to meet the needs of attendees. The course length can range from a simple one hour overview to the full day course. To fully accomplish all objectives at a level where attendees can effectively execute all elements of the training the full day course is recommended.
Attendance at the one day course will entitle participants to 8.0 CPE credits.
Fields of Study (8 credits)
- Management Services – Technical (5 hours)
- Personnel/Human Resources (2 hours)
- Communications – Non-Technical (1 hour)
Policies & CPE Notice
Many of our training courses & simulations offer Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for CPA’s and other related certifications, subject to participants meeting certain criteria. Fraud.global LLC maintains various policies applicable to providing continuing professional education. Please click here to access our refund policy, complaint resolution policy and others.
Fraud.global LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. (Application Pending)
If you intend to use the continuing education credits for governmental entities, membership associations, or other professional organizations, please consult them before registering to ensure their acceptance. If a course is registered with a State Bar Association for continuing legal education (CLE) a special notice will be included in the course advertisement