This course will soon be available in the following cities: New York, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando & Dallas. Check back soon for more details.
Let Fraud.global help build your internal audit department. If you are thinking about hiring employees with business experience but little audit background, hiring new college graduates, or making the switch from an outsourced to in-house internal audit department, this course will help lay the proper foundation of knowledge and techniques. The course covers professional standards and audit techniques but spends most of the time focused on time tested techniques that add value to the organization. An example of practical guidance included in this course is how to bring various resources together to build a superior audit program for any business process. Not only will this course jump start the careers of your new internal auditors it will be an important refresher to your veterans. For example, veterans will be benefit from learning how to build fraud detection techniques into audits and the audit plan. This course is also a great study aid for those taking the Certified Internal Auditor exam.
- Explain internal audit’s role in corporate governance
- identify and apply professional standards
- Compare and contrast the internal audit and external audit processes
- Describe the internal audit process from the audit plan to planning an audit through reporting & follow-up
- Convey and use different types of testing protocols
- Discuss the importance of data analytics and continuous monitoring
- Build internal audit programs from scratch including fraud detection techniques
- Recognize critical internal controls over business processes and how to assess control gaps or weaknesses to tailor audit testing
- Document audit results
- Use soft skills that will help achieve better audit results (communications)
- Develop audit findings
- Contribute to the report writing phase of the audit
Admissions & Delivery
- Prerequisites: None, however a basic understanding of business processes is helpful
- Who should attend: This course is designed for business partners transitioning into an internal audit role, internal auditors, fraud investigators, SOX control professional and related roles
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Delivery Method: Group Live
This program can be modified to meet the needs of attendees. The course length can range from a simple one hour overview to the full two day course. To fully accomplish all objectives at a level where attendees can effectively execute all elements of the training the two day course is recommended.
Attendance at the two day course will entitle participants to 18.0 CPE credits.
Fields of Study (18 credits)
- Auditing – Technical (13 hours)
- Management Services – Technical (2 hours)
- Communications – Non-Technical (3 hour)
Policies & CPE Notice
Many of our training courses & simulations offer Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for CPA’s and other related certifications, subject to participants meeting certain criteria. Fraud.global LLC maintains various policies applicable to providing continuing professional education. Please click here to access our refund policy, complaint resolution policy and others.
Fraud.global LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. (Application Pending)
If you intend to use the continuing education credits for governmental entities, membership associations, or other professional organizations, please consult them before registering to ensure their acceptance. If a course is registered with a State Bar Association for continuing legal education (CLE) a special notice will be included in the course advertisement.